Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Harlequinn by Laurell K. Hamilton

OMG..Laurell does it again. This book is great. Look at the quotes I have posted from the book. Laurell, I would love to meet you personally because girl you hit the nail on the head with your writting. Trying to figure bits and pieces out about yourself then Laurell K. Hamilton does for you with her character Anita Blake.

Background: Anita and Jean-Claude master vampire have been stirring the bucket of politics withing several different groups. The most powerful the vampire council. In doing so, the harlequin have been sent to supposedly observe not destroy, however, in most political observation some jump the "gun" to the destroyed department. For more down load of the book, read it yourself.

p.27
Riddle me this: Why is it that there is mever a line for the men's room, but the women's always seems to have one? I did my bit in line and then finally got into the stall. At least it was clean.

Okay, this happens not just at the movie theatre but all events. Why is it that only the women's restroom has an ungodly line to go to the bathroom.

p37
"You hate most in others what you don't like in yourself."

Hmm-I wonder if we all looked in the mirror and said do I really hate myself for that trait quality what would we do to change that..

p56
Sometimes "practical" and "ruthless" wer just different words for the same thing.

Another hmm moment, so, how practical or ruthless are we in our lives?

p60
I'd tried to be his friend, but somehow the sex had ruined that. I think without sex we could have been friends, but with it...with it we neither friends, nor boyfriend ro girlfriend. We were lovers but... I had no words for what was wrong between us but I could feel it, like an old ache in a wound you thought had healed.

Hello! How can you not stop in your life to say, I feel the same way about my relationship is going. Though the other person may not see it.The other person is probably sticking their head in the sand and ignoring the fact. Its easy to ignore than deal with it.

p65
" I spent centuries being given to masters that didn't give a damn what I wanted or needed. You love Nathenield and he loves you, but eventually, needs left unanswered can curdle love like milk left to spoil in the sun."

You have to ask to have your needs meet in a relationship. If you haven't spoken what you need then your partner can't help. If you have spoken your needs, and your partner doesn't try at all to meet your needs then it maybe time for counseling or to restate what your needs and they aren't being meet. Something I discovering, to be my own advocate in my relationship.

p108

"I'm tired of running from myself."

I wasn't sure that answered the question, but Richard seemed to think it did, and I felt Micah not behind me. "Stop running"

So, simply stated but so hard to do when its ourselves we are running from.

p124
The smile slipped away from her face, and I saw something I hadn't expected for a moment: fear.

I see this often in the eyes of those around. I don't know how to make the fear go away from them. Its not fear of me but of other things in their lives. I know they must face it one day.

She leaned over to take my hand, saying, "In this world I would rather live two days like a tiger than a hunderd years like a sheep."

I think this talking about fear. I do believe that when we let fear rule our lives we are sheep. If we face it like a tiger then fear doesn't rule our lives.

p142
He'd always be bound to use in a triumvirate of power, but we'd be broken up. It would be like being trapped in a relationship with someone you'd divorced but could never completely get rid of. A little slice of hell, that.

If that ain't the truth, then what is. This perfectly describes how a couple that divorces and has kids between feel about each. They are still in hell if they choose to make hell.

p195
Though to him, sometimes seduction was business, but not this morning.

I have known people, "business" people that were like this.

But the coffee was good. I sipped it black, because the first cup should always be black. It's the morning slap in the face that lets you know you're awake.

I can't drink coffee black. Sorry but it is too bitter for me. Though, I totally get the slap in the face its morning.

p199
"Its the lady's privilege to keep a man waiting."

To all spouses of that get upset that their spouses take too long getting ready. Remember this line and this line only. Its our privilege to keep you waiting. You should learn patiences.

p208
"I'm treating this the way i treat an emergancy in th middle of a police investigation, Richard. You don't get too hung up on the horrible details or you stop being able to function. You keep moving forward, because you have to."

For those that don't react loosing their cool in situation after situation then this is what applies to them. I know often I don't over react as some would. I am called weird or strange. I have to keep going. For if I don't, who will keep the torch burning.

p318
"What I meant was the loving people changes you. It's changed me, too. I'm softer in some ways, harder in others. I haven't compromised myself as much as you."

Anybody home? This is normal reaction in a relationship.

p337
"A lady always makes a man want to be better than he is. "

"Only love of a good woman will make a man question every choice, every action. Only love makes a warrior hesitate for feat that his lady will find him cruel. Only love makes a man both best he will ever be, and the weakest. Sometimes all in the same moment."

Hello, for all the men or those in the man position of a relationship, read, listen, and think. It's that special person in your life that makes you better.

p383
I offerred gentleness. I offerred love. If I hadn't tasted Malcolm's power only moments before, maybe, I couldn't have done it, but his intent was so pure, so unselfish, that it was like the ardeur had learned a new flavore, I offerred that flavor to them. I offerred them a choice. I gave them cool water and safety.

She should have remembered that people have gieven everything they own, everything they are, to be taken care of, and to have their pain gone. It's the lure of cults: the promise of a good family; it's what people think love is, but love isn't absence of pain, it's a hand to hold while you're going through it.

Anyone ever else wonder this but can't find the answer. Here it is..think on it.

No comments: