Thursday, October 14, 2010

Blue Moon by Laurell K. Hamilton


Anita Blake, Richard Zeeman and some of his family members, Jean-Claude, Damian, Asher, wereleopards, werewolve pack of Tennesse, and corrupt police force all with a very dark and evil businessman named Niley; that himself could be considered a demonic being. They not only have to save the local troll population, but themselves from local vampires, corrupt businessman Niley, and most of all themselves.
Favorite parts are listed below. Yes, I said parts as in plural. So, pay close attention to the dialogue between the characters and with themselves. You might learn something important mentally.
P. 216
"If you continue to fight this munin, it will get worse. If you cease struggling and met her even partyway, the humin will losse of its strength. Some feed off of love. This one feeds of fear and hatred. Was this the old lupa? Theo ne you killed?"
"Yeah, "I said.
Marianna shivered, "I never meet Raina, but even that small touch of her makes me glad she's dead. She was evil."
"She didn't see herself that way," I said. "She saw herself as more neutral than evil." I s aid it like I knew, and I did know. I knew because I'd worn her essence like a dress more than once.
"Very few people see their own actions as truly evil," Marianne said. "It is left to their victims to decide what is evil and what is not."
Jason raised his hand. "Evil"
Cherry echoed him. "Evil"
Nathienal and Zane and even Jamil, raised their hands.
I raised my hand, too. "It's unanimous,"I said.
Marianne laughed, and again, it was a sound equally at home in the kitchen or the bedroom. How she managed to be both wholesome and suggestive in the same breath puzzled me. Of course, a lot of things puzzled me about Marianne.
Okay, this is so true in life. We don't always see our true reflection. It takes those around us that love and care to stand up to speak for us. It sometimes, takes us saying I can't do this by myself or it takes us saying there is a problem in order to get it fixed.
P. 399
"Give us a few minutes," Jason said.
Nathaniel went back to the rear of the van without another word. He did follow orders well.
"Talk to me, Anita."
"There's nothing to talk about ."
"You keep staring off into space for minutes at a time. You're not even here. We need you for this to work. Daniel and Mrs. Zeeman need you."
My head turned slowly of its own accord, and I glared at him. "I have done my best for them tonight. I have gone above and beoyond my personal best for them tonight."
"Until they're safe, it's not over."
"I know that. Don't you think I know that? If I don't get them out alive, then what I did was for nothing."
"And what do you think you did?" he asked.
I shook my head, "You saw."
" I helped hold him down."
"I'm sorry about that."
Jason put an hand on each shoulder and shook me gently. "Damn it, Anita, get a grip. It isn't like you to wallow in the horror. You're a good solider. You kill and keep going like you're suppose to."
I pushed him away from. "I tortured a man, Jason. I reduced hime to something that writhed on the floor, mewling with terror and pain. And I wanted to do it. I wanted him to hurt because of what they'd done to Charolette and Daniel. I wanted to do it." I shook my head. "I'll do my bit tonight, but forgive me if its a little bit harder to keep going than normal. Forgive me if I'm not superwoman, after all."
"Not superwoman?", he exclaimed, putting a hand on his chest in mock surprise. "You've lied to me all these years !"
It made me smile, and I didn't want to smile. "Stop it
"Stop what? Cheering you up? Or is life suppose to stop because you did something horrible? I'll tell you the real hoorrible truth, Anita. No matter what you do or how bad you feel about it, life goes on. Life doesn't givea **** that you're sorry or upset or deranged or tormented. Life just goes on, and you gotta go on with it, or sit in the middle of the road and feel sorry for yourself. And I don't see you doing that."
We are never made to be a super hero. Though, our kids may think so at some point in their lives. We can handle only so much. It takes special friends in our lives that have been there in some way that they can relate. Cheers to our friends. They deserve a hug.
P.411
I wasn't evil. Everything that I'd done, and my faith was still pure. When I spoke the words, they were just as real to mea s whent i'd memorized thema ll those years ago for the Christmas pageant. The words still moved me. I never doubted God. I doubted me. But maybe God was more generous God than I allowed him to be. Jason was there with Marianne.
Often, we are blocking the miracle we are so desperately seeking. We must let go and let God. Not matter what branch of regilion you have faith in.

No comments: