Friday, October 17, 2008

Quiet Serenity

At last everyone is in bed, expect for me. I'm wide awake waiting for the last of the medicine for the day to kick,so, I can sleep.

No whining, no temper tanturms, no "i wanna", or sibling rivalries. No husband asking me to do stuff when he knows I am sick. Just the noise of the keyboard going click, clack, tap in a butterfly tone. My stomach doing acrobat flips and flops with an occasional grumble for discomfort from the medications.

Now maybe I can go to sleep and actually rest tonight even though the couch is not the best place to be but the bed is full of well people in the land of sugar plum fairies and gingerbread houses.

So, until I am declared well, then I my bed is the couch which isn't the big comfy couch from the kids show either(Though I do wish for it).

I feel like the bunny in the goodnight moon who is quietly say goodnight to all its favorite things.

No comments: