Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris



This is the start of the Sookie Stackhouse novel series and the start of the show on HBO called True Blood.Sookie Stackhouse, Jason Stackhouse, Bill Compton, Sam, and the rest on Bon Temps are set a fire when two murders happen to fang bangers. Sookie learns to control her gift. Jason learns that video taping his bedroom adventures isn't exactly a good idea. The community learns that someone they thought they could trust isn't trustworthy at. They are very similar but there are some difference between the two. I didn't get into the show until after the first season hit DVD and found it. I have been trying to bring myself to read the book series to keep up with show with the off season. Needless, to say, I am just now getting around too.

I wish I had started the book series before watching the show. I, now, know what they left off the show. I know you can't include every single detail but it would have been nice to know what was left out. Why do I do things backwards? Sorta like Sookie to a degree.

Being from the south, whither it was small town or bigger. I laughed at some of the traditions represented in the show and in the books where hysterical. Seriously, I am a southern bell by birth right and up bringing. A lot of it is hyprocital and supersitious beliefs but some of it is actually very wise advice. So, thank you Charlaine Harris for doing this.

No comments: