Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Classroom has been violated by

disrespect by another teacher!!! Dang it...when does NO mean No any more. I almost feel like I have been violated and need a shower continuously.

A little background on the situation. First of all, I was in a different room at the beginning of the year. That room was wanted by another teacher that was brought back. Not a person of my personal choice but I was willing to give her a chance. It went down hill fast. So, the director decided that my teaching talents were needed in the room that I am in now and the teacher in there was needed with this other teacher. Basically what was said to everyone was if we wanted jobs this is the way it is going to be.

So, I gave it a try. I love the room I am in now. I love the kids. I love the fact I know I am actually being listened too and being respected.

Ever since the move of teachers these two teachers have been pushing my personal boundaries as a person and a teacher. I came to the conclusion that I could nothing to change them or help them. They had to sink or swim on their own.

Then came the request to come use my "older" kid playground while we did lessons. For the last two weeks, their kids have interrupted my kids learning, peed on the floor of my bathrooms in my room, trashed my "older" kids playground-not picking up anything, then teachers are not supervising their kids while in my room either. The list could go on and on..I keep from going on in detail to keep from soundind a like a whiner. I just need to vent.

So, finally after two weeks, I asked the director to tell the teachers my classroom/playground was off limits from Monday -Thursday. I needed to be able to conduct outside lesson on the days i wanted too. I was unable too in the last two weeks. Frankly, I was tried of being their maids and dealing with their kids.

Well, after one of the teachers realized what was happening she understood and apologized. I accepted her apology. We are still friends.

The other one on the other hand is just blowing my spiritual mind right now. She sends in the first teacher because she thinks I will be more incline to give her a yes for the question of....drum roll please..."Can we use your playground?". No, but hell no!!!!!! I need to be able to choose to hold my lesson time outside. We are having gorgeous weather outside this week. On those perfect days, I pack up our worksheet/crafts take it outside. I told the teacher that I have peace with she was fine with it. The other teacher comes running in my classroom screaming and shouting at me (with a whine in her voice on top of it. It just sent my protection walls up and my gunny voice in volcano mode). The conversation went sorta like this.

"WHY CAN'T WE USE YOUR PLAYGROUND?" SAID THE TEACHER THAT WAS BEING RUDE.

"I need it to do outside lessons today. Tomorrow is movie day. they only get 30 mins before snack and 30 mins at 10:30.Go use your playground. The answer is NO!"

"THERE IS A CHILD IN ANOTHER CLASS OUTSIDE THE SAME TIME YOU ARE AND I WANT TO GO SEE THIS CHILD. WHY CAN'T YOU JUST WAIT TO DO YOUR LESSONS. THIS CHILD ONLY COMES ONCE A WEEK."

I reply (in an unprofessional tone and facial expression),"I SAID NO! WHAT DON'T YOU GET. I JUST TOLD YOU WE ARE GOING OUTSIDE AS SOON AS SNACK IS OVER FOR OUR LESSONS. ARE YOU NOT LISTENING TO ME. I SAID NO. NO MEANS NO. DEAL WITH LIKE THE ADULT YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO BE."

SHE REPLIES, "YOU DON'T HAVE TO YELL AT ME. I WASN'T BEING RUDE TO YOU."

I replied, "REALLY WELL YOU'VE BEEN YELLING AT ME SINCE YOU CAME IN HERE ACTING UNPROFESSIONAL IN FRONT OF my class. If you don't want me to yell at you don't yell at me and don't be rude in front of my class. Good-bye go to your playground now. Use your break to go visit with the child you don't get see but once a week. I need to get back to my class's needs now."

She storms out of my class. I paged one of my directors via cell phone. They didn't respond. So, I called the office on my cell phone to let them know what happened. They sent the main director to go talk with her. To tell her that she was out of line. To not to ask again until then they had a limit of 30 mins to be on my playground. Not to bother me again.

I know why she gets to me because she reminds me of myself at a much younger age. You here that age and maturity changes a person. Well duh of course. I am just trying to take care of business in my room and not worry about her. She keeps being unprofessional and distractingto me and my students. Also very disrespectful.

Either she needs to go or grow up to take responsibility for her awful actions in her room and mine.

Thank God she doesn't have my blog address. She would probably hit the fan if she knew that others saw her as a jerk. Then she would deny it. She does not even know she is acting like an unwanted jerk. I know the time she will mature to be a great person. Its the time and patience is what I am low on for her. I have plenty for my kids at home and school but extreme drama and stress I don't.

I believe what comes around goes around. I try to show respect and curiosity to others so I can have it done back to me.

Right now, I am exhausted from just dealing with this adult that acts like three to four year old herself. I almost wished I had Sharon Osborne or Beth Chapman as a director because neither of these ladies would put up with bull crap that is occurring out of this teacher. The funny thing about it is another teacher both felt like we needed a "charm school" for these teachers at this moment. Scary that we feel like we need the help of a reality show to straighten the situation out at the moment.

Deep breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth...feel better.
Thanks for reading if anyone is up.

1 comment:

Jen Allyson said...

I'm sorry you had a bad day. :(