Friday, January 23, 2009

Tips for using a cell phone

Okay, I receive a compliment on some photos I took using my cell phone camera.
First let me tell you, I to have a crappy phone camera. I just have figured out how to use it to get the best possible shots at time.

1. Take the picture a few seconds before the actual shot. The shutter speed on crappy cameras is slower than a turtle. By the time it takes the shot the people are usually were you want or the scenery is where you want it.

2. Use your enivorment to your advantage. Sunsets, just to the right or the left of the sunsetting. You get beautiful colors and scenery without the glare. Early morning sunshine similar to sunset expect for shooting snow and ice texture. Zoom in. No kidding. Still get a section you don't want..crop it. crop it crop it.

3. Don't try to much activity. Shutter hates it. Will come out blurry. Lost to many hockey photos because of it.

4. Accept you will have to do touch ups with your photo editor when using a cell phone camera if shooting inside with bad light. No joke. Anything I photo of my kids work from school, has to be clarified sharpened etc.

I hope this helps.

1 comment:

Leeza898 said...

Thanks for sharing this. I have no clue though on how to download the pics to my pc. I have to play around and figure this out.