Monday, July 20, 2009

MOnday...

My fountain working...yeah...
This is the sunrise..its so pretty.


This is a prickly pear catcus plant with fruit. I have had the fruit. Yummy..
This is a desert quail. Typically you find the close to the ground and their families. This morning is a different story.
The family arguing has started over my kitchen. Everyone wants to tell me how to decorate my kitchen. Expect they don't have to clean the bloomig thing. i do!!!!! I had to clean it last night .it took over an hour without decorations with decorations it would have taken two hours. I have long cabinets with lots of storage so it has to be clean after every meal and polished every other day to keep the wood from drying out in the summer months. No one is considering that when telling me an art major with a class or two in interior design how to freaking do my house. I have compromised on the rest of the house because I agree with most of the decorations and the fact that there are no major empty walls for decoration this time. Yipee!!!

I wish everyone would leave my kitchen alone. This is the one room I want to do by myself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't give-in ... the kitchen should be ALL-YOURS! Having said that, love the fountain -- really,really do and the pics of outside -- seems you are in a beautiful area --- relax and enjoy -- it will all come together --- didn't I tell you, "The first 50 yrs. are the hardest"!! smiles and Happy hours .. grammbo ;+)

Katherine said...

Sam, hang in there. Hope you'll put your foot down - in the whole house, I think you should be allowed at least one room/area to call your own. Heck, do THEY want to clean 'n' polish everything in there?

Gennifer said...

Sam, love that picture of the Prickly Pear. Reminds me of growing up in Vegas. :)

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Sam, if they insist, just change it to your way after they leave.