Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day 61 Tuesday...

Opening day at the Diamondbacks baseball was a packed out crowd. We got there around 11 am. We didn’t leave until the game was literary over. The last strike out pitch was a standing ovation before it was even thrown. It’s almost like the crowd knew it was coming. It was awesome. We go back this weekend.

Now the only thing that really annoyed me about the baseball game was the two knuckle heads sitting directly behind me. They really need to improve their vocabulary. Okay knuckle heads, you may be in charge of some big time company but your vocabulary needs to go back to school. If you all you can do is “insert” four to ten letter words to describe people, incidents, transportations bloopers, and why in good graces they closed the field’s roof then seriously pick up a dictionary or thesaurus. You are so lucky they don’t allow glass bottles in the stadium or else you may have found hot sauce mysteriously appearing in your repeated alcoholic drinks that were either delivered to your seats or you walked to go get. You are so lucky my kids didn’t hear that type of language from your mouth or else they may have loudly asked why you weren’t in a time out or eating soap for saying those “potty” words. I didn’t have you thrown out of the game for inappropriate baseball etiquette manners because charma is truly hell when it comes back around. I don’t need any bad charma in my future. I only pray that you dui knuckle heads called a cab or had a limo wanting for outside because you were really too drunk to drive.

Today is mandatory testing for one of my kids. They will be finishing the testing Thursday. The one taking the test was told that if the score wasn’t high then those students wouldn’t go on to third grade. Well, I checked it out with most school districts. Guess what that is a flat out lie! So, I told my kiddo to do the best that my child could do and that would be enough for me. My kiddo got the biggest grin on that face. I got the biggest hug. I even said that gifted classes didn’t matter to me. They mattered to her teacher. I got an even bigger hug.

3 comments:

audrey neal said...

It wouldn't hurt most people to at least be a little more aware of those around them. I'm all for free speech, but at least show some common courtesy.

Linda said...

Goodness gracious! I can't stand people that are loud and obnoxious with their language like that. Have some courtesy - yowza!

And good for you for reassuring your kiddo about the test! :)

Stacey Michaud said...

People like that can ruin an entire game! Glad you were able to make your kiddo feel better about the testing. We put too much pressure on kids these days!